For holders of a passport of the Russian Federation, as well as for citizens of Ukraine, Belarus and a number of other countries, entry into Kyrgyzstan is visa-free, that is, no special document is required. Check a2zdirectory for history of Kyrgyzstan.
It is possible to import and export the national currency of Kyrgyzstan into and out of the country freely, without restrictions, however, all money, as well as jewelry and gold, must be declared. The declaration should be kept until the very departure from the country. See Kyrgyzstan import restrictions.
Possible to import indefinitely:
- Up to a thousand grams of tobacco products or up to a thousand pieces of cigarettes;
- Up to one and a half liters of strong alcoholic beverages;
- Up to two liters of wine;
- Not too much perfume exclusively for personal use;
- Other personal belongings in the amount of not more than five thousand dollars.
Items in excess of these limits will have to pay customs duties. Customs inspection at the border of Kyrgyzstan can be very detailed and very lengthy.
Prohibited for import:
- Potent medicines without a proper prescription;
- Ammunition and weapons;
- Printed publications and video materials directed against Kyrgyzstan;
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Animals without a veterinary certificate.
Prohibited for export:
- Certain foodstuffs;
- Minerals and rocks without a proper permit;
- Undeclared gold.